| || |
Encryption coming to a laptop near you
IT staff are busy encrypting university laptops. The encrypted machines should work just as well as ever for their rightful owners. Not so, for laptop thieves looking to steal information.
A college glance at ISU growth
Where has growth in the student body occurred over the last five years?
Four food vendors are serving this summerEven with not-so-regular schedules, four food vendors are serving lunch from their trucks and carts on campus this summer.
The following announcements were added this week:
- Students' food dehydrator wins $40,000 in awards
- Dustin Lynch concert tickets go on sale June 8
- Volunteers sought for ISU exhibit at state fair
- West-Hyland intersection closed June 3 for reconstruction
- Reiman Gardens' youth camp series begins June 9
- Joshua Rosenbloom, University of Kansas, as chair of the economics department, effective Aug. 1
- Retirement: Tim Watson, facilities planning and management, June 4 (1-3 p.m., program at 1:30 p.m., 162 General Services Building)
- Farewell: Jill Kramer, Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, June 5 (2-4 p.m., 2030 Morrill)
- Retirement: Dave Knippel, Iowa Public Radio, June 11 (3-5 p.m., program at 3:30 p.m., Hunziker House, Reiman Gardens)
Details about these events are on the university calendar
Upcoming seminars, conferences
Reiman Gardens celebration is June 6
A day of family activities is planned to celebrate Reiman Gardens' 20th anniversary on Saturday, June 6 (10 a.m.-4 p.m.). Entertainment includes storytelling, dancing, juggling and a puppet show. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. Admission is $8 ($7 for seniors, $4 for youth 4-17), and free for members and ISU students. As part of the celebration, free admission will be offered to children, ages 17 and younger, on Sunday.
Dairy farm open house is FridayThe Iowa State dairy farm will celebrate Dairy Month with its annual open house on Friday, June 5 (6-11 a.m., 52470 260 St.). Tours will be conducted every 30 minutes, from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. The family-friendly event includes demonstrations, displays and free samples of dairy products.
More campus events
Talks, performances, athletic contests and other campus events are listed on the university calendar
University human resources programming
Register via AccessPlus (Employee tab > UHR Training > Courses)
- Class, Understanding FMLA (for supervisors and managers), July 6 (10-11 a.m., 3150 Beardshear)
- Class, University Orientation, June 16 (8-2:30 p.m., MU Pioneer Room)
Submitting your news
Inside Update is published Thursday mornings by the Office of University Relations. Send Update news to firstname.lastname@example.org
. For questions call 515-294-7958.Update archives