Academic leadership appointments
Bill Graves is the next dean of the Graduate College and Ann Marie VanDerZanden is the next associate provost for academic programs. The appointments
are effective July 17 and July 19, respectively.
Since its first was installed atop King Pavilion in 2009, Iowa State's inventory of green roofs
has quietly blossomed to a dozen different spaces, with more on the way.
Five questions for the fleet manager
Director of transportation services Kathy Wellik
and her full-time staff of seven keep track of more than 550 university vehicles.
Council begins work on priorities
Six topics produced during brainstorming exercises at a July 6 meeting
will be used to shape the Professional and Scientific Council's 2017-18 priorities.
The following announcements were added this week:
- Search for business services leader is canceled
- Ticket packages available for 2017-18 season at Stephens
- Date correction for alumni association wall calendar
- Entomology doctoral student to participate in National Geographic streamed event
- Supervisor comments due July 14 in P&S job data collection
- Seven volunteer shifts still vacant at state fair exhibit
- Stange Road section to close for two weeks, July 17-28
- Adult cats sought for blood pressure study
- Memorial gathering for emeritus faculty member Burt Drexler is July 16
College of Business hosts summer camp for girls
Communication and quality of care
Researcher Katherine Rafferty found that a collaborative relationship between parents and medical providers
is vital to the quality of care for chronically ill children.
Linking power grids
Electrical and computer engineering's James McCalley is part of a research team from national labs and the utility industry studying ways to tie together
the country's three primary power grids.
Balancing plant growth and drought response
Open houses and receptions
- Retirement: Wayne Hauber, IT services, July 27 (2-3:30 p.m., program at 3 p.m., 206 Durham)
- Retirement: Ken Umbaugh, Memorial Union, July 31 (no public event)
- Retirement: Elaine Crabbs, Memorial Union, Aug. 3 (no public event)
Details about these events are on the university calendar.
Talks, performances, athletic contests and other campus events are listed on the university calendar.
Office of digital access programming
is open (and required) for fall semester training workshops, all to be held in 206 Durham (10-11 a.m.). The topics are:
- Aug. 30: Testing Your Website for Accessibility
- Sept. 27: Creating and Editing Captions for Your Videos
- Oct. 18 (Informational): Legal Update on Digital Accessibility
- Nov. 29: Testing Your Website for Accessibility
- Dec. 13: Accessible Forms and PDFs
University human resources programming
Register via Learn@ISU
for these fall series:
- 12+ Supervisory Leadership (17-part series), group one begins Sept. 13 (9 a.m.-noon), group two begins Sept. 19 (9 a.m.-noon)
- Leadership at Any Level (5-part series), begins Sept. 12 (9-11 a.m.)
- Tools for Managing Workplace Conflict (3-part series), begins Nov. 13 (9-11 a.m.)
|Submitting your news
Inside Update is published Thursday mornings by the Office of University Relations. Send Update news to email@example.com
. Questions may be directed to 515-294-7065.Update archives