What are you using that's moving to Workday?
A comprehensive, sortable list on the WorkCyte website shows future Workday functions
currently done in systems accessed through AccessPlus and ADIN.
Institutional research director search has begun
The preferred application deadline is Jan. 1, with a goal of having the next director
on board by late spring.
CELT announces its first faculty fellows
Ann Gansemer-Topf and Monica Lamm are the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching's first faculty fellows
. Their two-year, part-time appointments begin Jan. 1.
MU's top floors housing one last round of temporary tenants
New staff member
Holiday purchases should be shipped homeWhile it may guard against front porch theft and nosy family members, personal use of ISU postal and parcel services is against both university policy and state law.
The following announcements were added this week:
- Submit library course reserve items now for spring semester
- Share your thoughts on campustown business lineup
- Instructors sought for TAG summer camps
- Save the date for 2019 Cyclone Family Weekend
- Veterans Center is on the move
- Volunteers needed for statewide Science Bowls in January, February
Architecture department to acquire robotic arms
The architecture department plans to purchase two industrial robotic arms
, paving the way for new courses on architectural robotics. They will be located in the Student Innovation Center when it opens in 2020. Computation Advisory Committee funds paid for one of the $50,000 arms.
Delivery demand driving pressure on urban freight capacity
Meet Dan GroomsThe College of Veterinary Medicine's new dean wore many hats before he arrived at Iowa State -- 4-H kid, college quarterback, beef cattle extension veterinarian, department chair, to name a few. Read more in this college feature.
Open houses and receptions
- Retirement, Allan Schmidt, Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, Dec. 4 (no planned event)
- Retirement, Steve Carter, ISU Research Park, Dec. 6 (3-5 p.m., Core Facility atrium, 1805 Collaboration Place)
- Artists reception, nine artists whose agriculture-related works are on exhibit in the Kildee Hall display case, Dec. 6 (4:30-6 p.m., Kildee atrium)
- Retirement, Vern Hoyt, veterinary microbiology and preventive medicine, Dec. 7 (no planned event)
- Open house, Graduate exhibition, integrated visual arts department, Dec. 7 (7-9 p.m., Design on Main, 203 Main St.)
- Yuletide open house, Farm House Museum, Dec. 8-9 (1-4 p.m. daily)
- Open house, North Chilled Water Plant, Dec. 12 (1-4 p.m.), 2311 Kooser Dr.
- Open house, Center for Statistics and Applications in Forensic Evidence, Dec. 13 (2-4 p.m., 195 Durham)
- Retirement, Jerilyn Rasmusson, university human resources, Dec. 14 (2:30-4:30 p.m., no formal program, 3150 Beardshear)
- Retirement, Phil Quick, facilities planning and management custodial team 11, Jan. 2, 2019 (no public event)
- Retirement, Lynne Baldwin, IT services, Jan. 4 (2-4 p.m., 1230 Communications)
Details about these events are on the university calendar.
Forums will be held from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Ryan Gildersleeve, University of Denver, Dec. 6, 001 MacKay
- Luciana de Oliveira, University of Miami, Dec. 11, W0162 Lagomarcino
ISU Theatre performances continue this weekend
The final three performances of ISU Theatre's "It's a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play" are Friday and Saturday (7:30 p.m.) and Sunday (2 p.m.) in Fisher Theater. The play is a behind-the-scenes look at a 1940s live radio production
of the holiday classic. Tickets are $18 (seniors $16, students $11).
Enjoy yuletide on central campus
Experience Christmas at the turn of the 20th century during the Farm House Museum's open house Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 8-9, (1-4 pm. daily). There will be hot cocoa for all and crafts for children. Admission is free; donations are welcome.
A day of basketball at Hilton
The Cyclone women's basketball squad hosts the University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks at noon Sunday, Dec. 9. Tickets
are $10-$12 (youth $5-$6). At 5 p.m., the men's team takes on the Southern University Jaguars. Tickets
More campus events
Talks, performances, athletic contests and other campus events are listed on the university calendar.
Provost office programming
ISU WellBeing programming
- Workshop, Staying Charged through Change, Dec. 10 (offered twice: 10-11:30 a.m., 1:15-2:45 p.m.)
- Workshop, Mindfulness Matters, Dec. 11 (1-2 p.m.), a few spots remain
- Workshop, Inspiring Your Day through Purpose, Dec. 18 (1-2:30 p.m.)
- Workshop, Manage Your Canvas Course -- Group Work and Collaboration, Dec. 11 (3-4:30 p.m.)
- Workshop, Manage Your Canvas Course -- Rubrics and Outcomes, Dec. 13 (1-2:30 p.m.)
- Meeting, Quality Matters Learning Community, Dec. 13, (3-4:30 p.m.)
- Meeting, ISU Online Learning Community, Dec. 14 (11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Workshop, Manage Your Canvas Course -- Personalized Learning and Mastery Plans, Dec. 14 (3-4:30 p.m.)
- Workshop, Entering Engineering Education Research, with Michael Loui and Benjamin Ahn, Dec. 17 (8:30-11:30 a.m., light breakfast at 8 a.m.)
|Submitting your news
Inside Update is published Thursday mornings by the Office of University Relations. Send Update news to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Questions may be directed to 515-294-7065.Update archives